Monday, July 30, 2012

Tuesday Poem: Weapons Grade by Terese Svoboda


I am up to my neck in American Terese Svoboda's writing this week because I'm chairing a session with her at Writers on Monday next week August 6, 12.15 pm in the Marae at Wellington's Te Papa.

Her collection of poetry Weapons Grade calls out insistently in its yellow jacket and skull-masked face -- check out one of the poems here, but I am also in the middle of Trailer Girl - the collection of her short fiction and there are the essays still to go.

Svoboda's novel Bohemian Girl, I have finished - exhilarated. It is, quite simply, beautiful. Check out the book trailer,




And this is just the tip of the iceberg. Svoboda is prolific and brilliant in a range of genres - go here to see how much. Frightening really.

1 comment:

Michelle Elvy said...

Chilling, Mary. Enjoy your immersion and have a great time at the Monday session.